Compound Parabolic Concentrator (CPC)
The A.T.E. Compound Parabolic Concentrator (CPC) consists of three parts:
The evacuated tube is optimised in geometry and performance and consists of two concentric glass tubes. The glass tubes are sealed and joined to each other. The space between the tubes is evacuated and hermetically sealed (to provide vacuum insulation).
In order to increase the efficiency of the evacuated tubes, a highly reflective, weatherproof CPC reflector (Compound Parabolic Concentrator) is placed behind the evacuated tubes The optimised reflector geometry of the reflector ensures that even at unfavorable irradiation angles direct and diffuse sunlight falls onto the absorber.
Manifold and heat transfer unit:
The manifold contains the insulated collecting and distributing pipes.
Engineered by: A.T.E. Enterprises Private Limited, India
GET A QUOTE
- The heat transfer medium flows through the collector without the use of a heat exchanger
- Modular design; can be expanded to suit the application
- Hail safe and thermal shock tested
- The hydraulic connections of the collector are extremely safe; they are made of a long-lasting, metallic sealing which is free from wear and gas-tight
- Easy connection method for add-on collectors through pre-assembled connection fittings
- Extremely high energy yield with a small collector gross area
- The whole collector construction is fully recyclable
- Short assembly time through pre-assembled collectors and user-friendly mounting kits
- No additional piping or insulation is required
- Easy to maintain; easy and fast replacement of tubes and of CPC reflector without using tools and even without draining the system
- Minimal heat losses even with very cold ambient temperature and high collector temperature
- Long service life